QoS (Enabling the Administrator to throttle or control bandwith of other users on the Network)

QoS (Enabling the Administrator to throttle or control bandwith of other users on the Network)

2024-01-01 04:58:25
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295

Community,

I have a young gamer in my home and he spends hours upon hours on his games.  He is currently connected to my network via my 5Ghz band.  He has 4 devices he can use at any given time.   I would like to be able to limit his bandwidth rather than "Blocking his devices" at a said time frame. 

I have noticed recently a downgrade at certain times that my 940mbps speed on my 5Ghz band can go down to 200mbps for no reason that I can explain.

I would like to be able to throttle his device speeds; limiting his game activity.  

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:QoS (Enabling the Administrator to throttle or control bandwith of other users on the Network)
2024-01-01 05:24:00
Disable the 5GHz frequency to all his devices in the router settings. You may be able to throttle certain websites as well. use the MAC address for each of his devices. Make sure you change the router administrator password so your kid can't undo whatever changes you decide on.
Options
Re:QoS (Enabling the Administrator to throttle or control bandwith of other users on the Network)
2024-01-02 02:24:38
I have done the blocking thing, but I think I prefer the slowing of the internet to those IP addresses.
Options