Ethernet Backhaul causing restart loop

2024-01-13 20:22:43
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

After experiencing a power outage, the main Deco has gone into a restart loop. I was able to recreate the Network by switching the Satelite to main Deco, however the original  now goes into a restart loop whenever I tried to add a ethernet backhaul, I've tried the following:

* Connecting the decos directly without any switch in between - no luck, still restarting

* Reinstalling the latest firmware from TP-Link website, no luck, still restarting. This both with Switch in b/w and without switch.

Another thing I noticed, even when it is on wireless backhaul, there are no clients which are connected to it.

Are there any other steps that can be done to restore the ethernet backhaul.

Note: all my other devices which are connected via TP-Link switch are working as expected.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul causing restart loop
2024-01-15 07:01:02

@smm03 

Hi, Did this Deco XE75 stop restarting when it is on wireless Backhaul?

Is there any chance that you could send a video clip or link of the restart loop?

After that, it is suggested to refer to the following link to register for warranty service:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Warranty-Support

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2024-01-16 07:59:12

@David-TP Yes, the device stops restarting when it is on Wireless backhaul. I will try to put a video of the sequence soon and will go for warranty as well.

Thanks.

Options
2024-01-17 04:46:10

@David-TP I was able to upload the video which can be accessed here, https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aieawm-Vmcw6ooA8wF6WlkkCQe2foQ?e=xaQrJo 

TIA.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 267

Replies: 3

Related Articles