Issues with casting from Youtube and Netflix with new firmware update Deco X20

2024-01-18 03:18:48
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231026 Rel.62511

I recently upgraded my firmware to 1.1.5 Build 20231026 Rel.62511 and it led to issues with casting Youtube and Netflix from my phone to a Samsung smart TV and FireSticks when I never had issues before the upgrade.

It's hard to explain because there are numerous things that occur:

- All devices show up in the Deco app as connected so there is no issue with internet connection. I can manually navigate Youtube and Netflix with no issues. 

- Hitting the cast icon in the Youtube app or Netflix app on my phone will either show a few of the devices or all of the devices and it's random what devices decide to be available to cast.

- An option to cast to my Samsung TV is there but will get stuck trying to connect HOWEVER, when I link my phone with the TV code then cast from my phone it will work  (the only caveat is I need to already be in the Youtube app on my TV, otherwise the option will not show up in the device list). I'm confused because they are the same device.

- A newer model 4K Firestick is having the same issue casting, while 2 older model Firesticks will always work.

-My husband's phone is having the same issue.

-Airplay and Screen Mirroring from my phone to my Samsung TV stopped working

Before the upgrade I was able to:

- Cast to my TV when it was off and it would automatically turn on

- Select a device and casting would occur immediately

- Connection would be stable so if the app were to close, reopening the app would automatically connect to the device it had been casting to.

Here is what I've done that seems to have temporarily fixed some of the issue:

- Turned off Mesh Technology on the TV and Firesticks

- Changed the connection to 5Ghz for the TV, Firesticks and Phones so that they are all on the same network and band.

- Set a reboot schedule overnight

- Made sure all apps were updated to the most recent version

- Fast Roaming is disabled

- Tried changing the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

Is anyone else seeing this issue with the new update or has anyone found a fix to this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with casting from Youtube and Netflix with new firmware update Deco X20
2024-01-19 08:37:36

@panakattack 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I noticed you also started a support ticket with us about this issue.

If you would like to spend a little more time, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

If possible, can I have some pictures of the network map on the Deco APP, such as:

114e476de6b84b4e88a5d6d9c9f9f6b7

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on the Deco X20?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options