X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1

X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1

27 Reply
Re:X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1
2024-02-05 17:40:08

@Carl 

Hey Carl, thanks for getting back to me. As far as wants, MAC filtering with whitelist would be my main one. (Others may want to jump in here and add things.)

The other thing I was disappointed to discover when I fired up the Deco for the first time, is that the web browser interface is so sparse. My previous router was a TP-Link AX5400, which had quite a comprehensive web interface. Perhaps I'm dating myself here, but as an older person, trying to do things on a small phone screen is unpleasant. Also, I prefer to cofigure my routers via direct ethernet cable, rather than over wifi.

So I guess my two wants would be MAC filtering with whitelist, and a much more comprehensive web interface. Thanks.

Options
2024-02-06 00:20:01

@Gigabit_Dave 

For the web UI, that was never really a feature for Deco.  Deco was always designed around the application.  The limited Web UI was added later but it is not for product management.  the UI is only for a network map, pulling logs, and doing manual FW updates.  This is a common design element with Mesh systems in general.  I know that there are no plans to expand the Web UI function.  

I will reach out to the development team and as soon as they respond I will let you know. 

Options
2024-02-06 13:05:50

@Carl wondering if you can tell me who I can connect in regards to also being stuck with a v1.26 that does not offer many of the features the website advertised for the x55 that v1.0 and 1.6 are able to get because of this. Matter support... eco mode... as well as MAC filtering as stated above. I wouldn't have purchased the x55 if I had known i was being sold a version with incompatible hardware. I've waited months for a fw update and nothing. It just seems really insincere almost a con to ship a product version that isn't up to par without the consumer having any say in which hardware version they are buying. 

Options
2024-02-06 15:54:29

@Carl 

Ah, I hadn't realized the Web UI was intentionally sparse, as this is my first mesh system.

On the MAC filtering with whitelist, I look forward to hearing from you on what your development team tells you.

Thanks.

Options
2024-02-06 15:55:15

@T6457 

Regrettably, there would be no one you could speak with.  Especially with these particular features not being advertised on the V1.2/V1.26 or at least not yet we wouldn't be able to do anything in terms to this situation.  If the product was suffering from a manufacturer defect and a warranty claim was authorized we could look into switching the hardware version at that time but if the product is working as designed there really isn't anything that we can do. These features may still be coming to the V1.2/V1.26 but I can't say if they are or when.  The best we can offer is to keep an eye on our website for updates every Friday.  If I happen so see one myself I will gladly update the thread. 

Options
2024-02-06 16:38:31

@Gigabit_Dave and @T6457 

Good news!  I was going through my emails this morning and got a reply from our software team.  The update for the V1.2/1.26 is coming.  They state it will be V1.2.0 and will offer the following enhancements

This is the release note: 

New Features/Enhancements:

1. Added Camera Security feature.

2. Added Wi-fi Access Control feature to support whitelist and black list.

3. Advanced Parental Control subscription added APP block feature, which supports 2000+ applications.

4. Added Portal authentication for Guest Network.

5. Added detection of Ethernet backhaul link speed.

6. Added the support for Matter protocol.

7. Add the module of Eco Mode, Wi-Fi Schedule and Auto Update.

8. Optimize the collaboration with Tapo.

This should be available within the next 2 weeks.  If there are delays I will let you know. 

Options
2024-02-06 22:01:53

@Carl 

Awesome. Thank you for letting me know.

Options
2024-02-07 16:15:21

@Gigabit_Dave 

I did get a bit of feedback.  Due to holiday schedules it looks like there might be a delay in getting it posted officially to the website and to the OTA in the app.  What I can offer is if you reach out to us at ussupportteam@tp-link.com I can provide a link where the manual file can be downloaded.  

Options
2024-02-07 18:12:11

@Carl thanks for the update. As a company policy I must say I find it extremely frustrating and odd that tp link while marketed and sold as one product tp link actually lies it's customer base and pushes multiple versions which they a) do not all have the same functionality even though sold stating they do and b) refuse to allow returns of said products when consumer asks for a version of the product with the expected/marketed functionality. I've never dealt with any other company I've been aware of this and frankly if nothing else it seems like a huge liability for to link with regards to being sued for fraud and defrauding your customer base. I want to really thank you though for giving us information and reposes though as up till this conversation I have been met with dead ends when speaking to tp link support. I've considered contacting a lawyer over this issue as all I originally wanted to do was receive the product I thought I was first buying and I've never once even been given the option to return my current router or have it swapped out for a model that actually includes the advertised features. Thanks again. 

Options
2024-02-07 18:35:34

I’m being a bit dramatic here but it’s a huge pain to be stuck with this model right now and not even be given the option to swap it out even though I’ve been asking about this issue for months. Thanks again for your help and info tho. 

Options