X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1

X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1

27 Reply
Re:X55 won't install f/w 1.3.1
2024-02-08 15:21:07

@T6457 

I can understand that.  New hardware versions have always been a thing, especially in networking.  These revisions can be for several different reasons but usually involve updating the hardware and adding features.  The features in question that are part of FW 1.3.1 were not sold features, even on V1.0/1.6.  They were added features.  When features are being added it's not simply a software item.  There are several checks and balances that need to be addressed before a feature can be added to a specific hardware version.   I know it can be frustrating especially if you expect a feature to be there or carried over from a different model it's just not always possible. In this case, it does look like the features are coming and coming soon. 

In terms of exchanges, one of the main factors we do not do exchanges is because in general, TP-Link is not the seller of the product.  Retailers purchase, maintain and sell their inventory so that is why per policy we do not do refunds, exchanges, or returns under most circumstances.  There are a few exceptions but those involve the limited products sold directly through our fairly new webstore and are within the 30-day return window.  

Options
2024-02-18 00:48:35 - last edited 2024-02-18 22:02:19

@T6457 I'm in the same boat. How did I get stuck with this one? The advertising isn't clear that they market different devices (different hardware, and capabilities, as @Carl mentioned) under the same X55 moniker. 

I don't believe there was ill intention here…but it surely feels frustrating, if not as though I've been slighty mislead. 

EDIT: With that being said, I'm very glad to hear that firmware v1.2.0 is on the way for our X55 HW v1.26 models. Thanks for the update!

Options
2024-02-28 15:28:11

@Carl thanks for all the info. Wondering if you have any updates on the firmware? You mentioned 3 weeks ago it would be released within the next two weeks but I still cannot find anything. Thanks again. 

Options
2024-02-28 15:35:39

@AlarmingMelon Yeah I don’t think there’s any ill will either but not even being given the option to trade my device for a device that stays up to date with firmware does not sit well with me. It's a a completely normal expectation to assume device support is the same for each and every device which is listed and sold as being the same product. It's not even as if I'm asking for a handout I just think it would be nice to at least be given the option to swap my x55 especially when the lifespan of routers is short to begin with. 

Options
2024-02-28 16:25:10

@T6457 

Yes actually there was a bit of delay but I just checked and it was added to the management system on 2/26.  I have just published it, so you should now see it here:

Options
2024-02-29 18:12:47

@Carl I just installed my DECO X55 router. My AXE5400 router WiFi was failing after 14 months.

Anyway, I really miss the web UI. So if I am limited to using the DECO app, and my phone dies or is lost, I cannot change my DECO config to at least change the password (to protect from a stolen phone accessing the DECO). Thid is a security problem as my network may have just been given over to the phone thief.

With a web UI, any computer on my internal network could change the DECO configuration to secure the router. For security purposes, the DECOs need a web UI, as a hard-wired computer is much less likely to get lost or stolen.

Options
2024-03-01 15:45:27

@SkeltonMD 

Deco is like most of the Mesh systems on the market and was built around a simple-to-use mobile application.  The access is not tied to your phone but to the account used to log into the app itself.  So if your phone dies you can still access your network, you would just need to install the app on a different phone or tablet and sign in.  In the case that your phone is stolen or lost.  You can use this link to reset that password.  Just remember if you are using that TP-Link ID on any other system, like this community or our warranty portal that you will need to use the new password there.  

Deco does have a limited UI, but this is to see your network map, review logs, and update firmware manually.  It is not a full-function GUI and based on what i know, at this time there are no plans to expand its features.  

Options