Deco XE75 not connecting to modem, can't reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-27 18:13:25 - last edited 2024-01-27 18:55:50
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: can't access that info now, but I think it the most recent update was a few months ago

My XE75 was humming along fine for over a year and then the other day woke up with no internet and a solid red light.  I think something changed with the ISP modem in the background so I now have a new modem but Deco still won't connect.  I tried restting the main Deco with the button on bottom and it's flashing blue.  I had seen elsewhere that at this point I should remove the device from the network via the app and set it up again, but now the app won't connect to it. 

What do I do now, and am I following the right path to solve the original problem? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 not connecting to modem, can't reset
2024-01-29 07:36:37

@NextForumName 

Hi, I think you are following the right path to solve the original problem.

Can I have a picture of the error message on the Deco APP?

You could refer to this link to delete the previous network first, then start creating a new one:

How to delete a network on the Deco app

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco XE75 not connecting to modem, can't reset
2024-01-29 07:53:56

@David-TP 

Thanks for your response.  I went ahead and got some support from tp-link via the chat and as of just a few minutes ago I was able to get the mesh network back up and running.  One thing we learned was that while there may have been a problem with the ISP's modem, one of the ethernet ports on my main Deco is faulty.  Anyway, I'm still under warranty so I'm working through this now with tp-link support.  Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 2

Related Articles