Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings

Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings

41 Reply
Re:Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings
2024-04-28 09:59:55

@Costa1976 

Thanks for the logs. It has been forwarded to the senior engineer for further analysis.

Please check the email later for more suggestions.

Thank you again for your cooperation so far and best regards.laugh

Options
2024-04-28 10:12:42

@bwyazel 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

If possible or when you are available, could you please help me run more tests:

1. Remove all the Deco XE75 Pros from the Deco BE63 and leave Deco BE63 only.

2. Then check whether you can see the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle on the Deco APP.

-If you could get "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle on the Deco APP when Deco BE63 is alone in the Mesh, please also help me submit the Deco APP log. Thank you in advance.

How to submit Deco APP log

First and foremost, Deco BE63 supports "OFDMA/MU-MIMO".

I viewed the release notes of Deco BE63 from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.6, and none of them mentioned the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle.

I tested earlier with Deco BE85 with 1.0.18 which is its latest firmware. Even with 1.0.18, there is no  "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle as far as I can see.

Since there is no Deco 63 available for testing, I think the current firmware of Deco BE63, like Deco BE85, hasn't added the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle yet.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-05-23 16:02:52 - last edited 2024-05-23 16:20:48

@David-TP Good afternoon. MIMO option has disappeared for me as well. I have 4 XE75 Pro, one of which is XE75 pro V2 firmware 1.2.9.

The other 3 deco are V1 firmware 1.2.5

Options
2024-05-31 02:04:51

@ChanceIll 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

You can refer to the reply here:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/655004?replyId=1352020

So you might notice the current firmware of XE75 pro-V2_1.2.9 hasn't added the on/off toggle of "OFDMA/MU-MIMO" yet.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-31 05:54:43

@David-TP 

Thanks for responding. According to the link you attached to your response, it doesn't clarify why the toggle was removed. Also, you mentioned that, even though the on/off toggle was removed, xe75 pro v1 & v2 still support OFDMA/MU-MIMO. If that's the case, why remove the toggle? 

One of the main reasons I purchased the xe75 Pro is for the OFDMA/MU-MIMO feature. I've had it enabled since the day I purchased the xe75 Pro v1. It wasn't until I purchased an  addition node (xe75 pro v2) that I noticed the feature had disappeared. Ever since this option has been removed, I've had severe latency issues. 

You also mentioned that this option is on by default. How is this possible if there's no toggle to verify? If it's on the back end, what would have been the point of adding the toggle in the first place?

Options
2024-05-31 11:37:07

@ChanceIll 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The on/off toggle is not "removed". It has never been added to Deco XE75_V2. (Maybe it will be added later via firmware upgrade but not yet)

For Deco XE75 Pro_V1, it hasn't been added till the 1.2.0 firmware version. 

The reason you can see this on/off toggle on Deco XE75 Pro_V1 is that,  the 1.2.1 was released before you purchased the Deco XE75 Pro_V1 and the newly produced Deco would be flashed to the latest firmware when out of the factory.

But I can't explain further why the engineers decided to add the on/off toggle later via firmware upgrade to some models, but not all.

Personally, I think it might cause certain aging IOT devices that don't support OFDMA or MU-MIMO,  unable to connect to the WiFi when these features are enabled all the time.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2024-05-31 13:35:25

@David-TP  For the sake of argument, let's remove the xe75 pro v2 from the conversation. As you mentioned in your reply, OFDMA/MU-MIMO firmware was available before I purchased the V1 model. I have a home full of PC gamers, so you can understand the importance of such a feature. Again, this feature is the very reason why I made the purchase. 

I purchased an additional node (V2) when I was sure the system supported our needs. The fact is, had it been advertised that there were to different versions of the same model, I would not have bought it since it's where my issue began. 

My question is simple:

Why was the toggle for OFDMA/MU-MIMO removed and is it gone permanently?

Please consult engineers. This entire situation feels like a bait and switch tactic. 

Options
2024-06-02 19:49:04
I believe mixing V1/1.6 to V2/2.6 will cause mu-mimo to disappear. V1 has the feature that can be switch on and off. V2 doesn’t have such feature. How do I know? I have both version. V1 mixing to V2 no mumimo. V1 to v1 it shows up. V2 to V2 no mumimo.
Options
2024-06-02 20:35:35

@SmartTP 

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. What bothers me is, when I purchased the additional node, there was no way for me to identify the differences beyond plugging it in. 

By the time I realized the feature was removed, (latency issues while gaming, etc)  the return window had closed. 

To add insult to injury, TP mentioned that the V2 model has it enabled by default on the backend which is nonsense. 

Options
2024-06-04 03:58:07 - last edited 2024-06-04 04:00:58

@ChanceIll 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The request to add a similar on/off toggle for OFDMA/MU-MIMO on Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V2 has been forwarded to the engineers for further evaluation.

Meanwhile, he also thought that, the latency issues while gaming and other issues you might have experienced after adding V2 might not be related to OFDMA/MU-MIMO.

In this way, It would be highly appreciated if you could start a new thread here with more details about the latency issues, such as how the Deco units are connected together, what is the gaming equipment(model number and operation system?), and whether you could constantly reproduce this issue.

I'm sure the engineer would love to help us find a proper solution. Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Options
Related Articles