Deco XE75 pro no option for wireguard in app for vpn client

2024-02-12 22:28:01
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

Hi.
I am trying to set up a Nord vpn client using the Deco app. When I input my token I only get the option of open vpn. That protocol is really slow so I need to use wireguard. There is no option to choose wireguard even though the online tplink documentations shows it.

If anyone has sucessfully seup a wiregusrd (Nordlynx) connection for the Deco mesh system please help me out.

Terry

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 pro no option for wireguard in app for vpn client
2024-02-19 01:25:20

Hello  @Telfish,

I am trying to setup surfshark VPN and cant seem to find the wireguard client on Deco Xe75 - The speed is terrible with OpenVPN. Will reach out to support tomorrow and keep you posted if i come across anything useful.

Options
2024-02-19 02:28:47

@Ragpan29 

You are wasting your time. I eventually found that they removed the wireguard protocol because the hardware is not powerful enough to do the decoding.

Thing is that they did not remove the setup info from the documentation. I returned the whole lot to Amazon.

I did find this VPN router on Amazon for $35 . It says referb but is new. It gives me 50 mbps in open vpn which is good enough for my purpose. Nord does not allow router access via wireguard anyway. Your VPN might,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFV51HF1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Just looked and they have gone up to $50 new. Still a great option. 

So with the $112 mesh I ordered and the $35 vmn router I saved $200 on the tplink and have the same coverage and speed.

Options
2024-02-19 02:38:23

Hey @Telfish ,

Thanks for the update and I will look into the VPN router you suggested. Can you tell me what mesh you purchased ($112)?

Regards

Options
2024-02-19 03:02:46

@Telfish 

This one  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LNN5372?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Its wifi 5 not 6 For me it works fine as my internet is 300mbps. This has a top speed of 865 on 5ghz

For me its as good as the tplink coverage about the same. It is easy to set up. its $130 less $26 coupon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 356

Replies: 4

Related Articles