What speeds should I be seeing with the Deco XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-24 12:29:15
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20221209 Rel. 78107

I have FIOS 1 Gig internet. Using Verizon's Speedtest that distinguishes connection to their network from the in-house wifi, I see that, with all Verizon equipment (including their wifi router) I get  946Mpbs down and 867 up to and from their router, then 567 down and 390 up through the wifi when sitting nearby. Speedtest.net shows the Verizon Wif closer to 492/301. I have been having trouble with the Verizon extenders and I wanted to see if I could improve the in-house wifi numbers so I splurged and bought a TP-Link - Deco XE75 Pro AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Whole Home Mesh System (3-Pack). So far I'm disappointed in the results.

My TP-Link Deco system only gets 389 down and 289 up, again sitting right next to it. That's with just one unit. I haven't set out the rest of the mesh but I'm sitting right next to the one. Is this the best it can do? Or am I missing something? I live in the suburbs and my wifi space isn't all that crowded. I'd be surprised if anyone else around me has 6E yet.

Am I understanding this FAQ correctly, that you should really only expect to get half of your bandwidth over wifi? If so, the Verizon Wifi is getting close but the TP-Link is coming up short. If I plugged ethernet into one of the satellites, would I get the full backhaul speed to the wired base station? What would that speed likely be? 

I appreciate any advice. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:What speeds should I be seeing with the Deco XE75 Pro
2023-04-25 06:54:09

@Tiny_Dantz 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I am sure Deco XE75 Pro could do better.

And if the main Deco XE75 Pro is only 389m/s download, 289m/s upload, I don't think connecting the satellite XE75 Pro via Ethernet cable to the main unit would help.

If possible, could you please help me check the following details so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance:

1. May I know the model number of your Verizon WiFi router?

2. Can I have some screenshots of the speed test results on the devices from Deco? and what is the model number of the test device?

3. Please also turn off QOS or remove all priority devices and set the max bandwidth at 1000Mbps or higher.

4. Turn off UPNP under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT Forwarding>UPNP.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 13:42:14 - last edited 2023-04-25 13:44:32

@David-TP 

Thank you.

I'm happy to work on this with your engineers. So I know, what speeds should we be realistically shooting for? Should I be able to get gigabit wifi on a gigabit fibre, or there some fundamental limit I don't understand? 

Here are the answers to your questions. 

1. May I know the model number of your Verizon WiFi router?

It is a brand new Model CR1000A. I got it new from Verizon last week. 

2. Can I have some screenshots of the speed test results on the devices from Deco? and what is the model number of the test device?

I'm attaching a set of labled images in a PDF. I am testing using a 2021 M1 Max Macbook Pro and a 2022 iPhone 14 Pro Max. 

3. Please also turn off QOS or remove all priority devices and set the max bandwidth at 1000Mbps or higher.

QOS was already off. I do not see where you set th max bandwidth. 

4. Turn off UPNP under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT Forwarding>UPNP.

I turned this off and reran the speedtest. Download number came down and upload was basically unchanged. 

File:
Network for Deco.pdfDownload
Options
2023-04-26 11:53:09

@Tiny_Dantz 

Hi, Thank you very much and the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers. Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 761

Replies: 3

Related Articles