Wiring Deco XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wiring Deco XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wiring Deco XE75 Pro
Wiring Deco XE75 Pro
2023-10-12 14:52:04
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would appreciate help clarifying my options.  I have read about "wired backhaul" with mesh networks like the Deco XE75 Pro, but I also read that wiring the satellite nodes provides full strength to their WiFi capabilities, rather than the drop-off that comes with more distant WiFi connections between nodes.  The latter suggests that wired nodes would (or "could") have both faster speeds and a more reliable data stream than just connecting the units by WiFi.  Does that sound right?

Also, am I able to go like this (with '___' for wired Ethernet and '===' for wireless)?

Modem ____ Deco main unit as router ====

\____ Deco unit ====

\                         \____ computer

\

\___ Deco unit ====

But how about:

Modem ____ non-wireless router ____ switch ____ Deco unit as access point =====

\                                                   \____ printer

\

\ ____ Deco unit ====

\                          \____ computer

\

\____ Deco unit ====

That is, to use a Deco unit as a WiFi node, do I need to have a wireless router -- might as well use a Deco for that, with a switch to wire everything else to it -- or can I use a non-wireless router, wire Deco units to it, and they will form a wireless mesh network?

Thank you for your help!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wiring Deco XE75 Pro
2023-10-13 10:45:47 - last edited 2023-10-13 10:46:42

@KjCooper 

Hi, both layout works and perfrom under the same Mesh network.

For more details, you could refer to General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-13 19:40:35

@David-TP  Thank you for your quick response. I am glad to know I understand some things about networks!

Am I correct that any of the current TP-Link non-wireless routers would be compatible with a Deco mesh network?  (Wired or not?)

Also, please -- if this question is appropriate for the present thread -- is there any benefit to getting a Deco BE system (WiFi 7) system instead of the Deco XE75 Pro, in terms of wired networks?  The marketing copy says something about a combined wired and wireless backhaul, and that Deco WiFi 7 systems "can  connect a wireless and wired backhaul with each unit simultaneously."  (I am thinking about "future-proofing"; while we're probably never going to have 10 Gbps to the house, we might well want 2.5 Gbps at some point.)

Options
2023-11-10 22:31:53

@KjCooper 

BUMP

Options
2023-11-11 07:32:33

@KjCooper 

Many modems act as routers, hence perhaps you do not need an additional router in your second case.

Options
2023-11-12 01:05:05
both of your setups look ok... you can do all wired if you want or you can do part wired part wireless... I have the wifi 7 mesh BE85 and mine are all wired back haul... I have ethernet cable running from main deco to all my modes. yes that keeps all your bandwidth at high with no drop off.. if you do wireless there will be some speed drop..
Options
2023-11-12 06:27:26

@KjCooper Anything can be wireless except the connection from the main Deco towards Internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2066

Replies: 6

Related Articles