iOS Remote App Issues

iOS Remote App Issues

iOS Remote App Issues
iOS Remote App Issues
2024-02-21 22:49:05
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

My Deco system uses one X25 for the router, two other Deco X25's connected via wired backhaul and a Deco X50 Outdoor also connected via wired POE connection. All seems to be working with the exception of how (what appears to be) certain mDNS traffic is handled. I have 7 Apple TVs and 3 of them are connected over WiFi, the others are connected over Ethernet. Here's the problem... I can use the native iPhone remote within Control Center to operate these Apple TVs as long as I'm NOT connected to the same access point that particular Apple TV is connected to. If my phone is connected to the same access point as an Apple TV that is using wifi on that particular access point, the remote app never connects. This is also the case when using devices like AirDrop and AirPlay. 

This issue seems to be limited to the X25 access points and doesn't have the same issue while connected to the X50 Outdoor. I have an Apple TV on my back patio that is set to only connect to the outdoor Deco. When I connect my phone to that deco I can still use the remote app just fine. Very strange and very frustrating. 

Note... I could not find the hardware version as requested in the field above. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:iOS Remote App Issues
2024-04-20 12:59:41

@My_NetWerks did you find a solution already?

Options
2024-04-20 14:27:44

@Spheres Since I posted this, I also reached out to TP Link support. After going back and forth with them about things to try, it got escalated to the engineering team. I was then able to meet with a software engineer for him to see what was going on and it was determined that there was a bug in the firmware. I have since gotten a beta version of an update that seemed to have corrected the issue, now I'm just waiting for an official release. All seems to be working fine now though. 

Options
2024-07-29 09:49:06

A non-functioning Control Center can be quite frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:-

1. Swipe Gesture:- Ensure you're swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen (iPhone X and later) or up from the bottom of the screen (older models) to access the Control Center.
2. Screen Sensitivity:- A dirty screen or screen protector might interfere with touch sensitivity. Clean your screen.
3. Accessibility Features:- Check if any accessibility features like VoiceOver might be affecting Control Center.
4. Restart Your iPhone:- A simple restart often resolves temporary glitches.
5. Check Control Center Settings:-

• Go to Settings > Control Center.
  • Ensure Control Center is enabled.
  • Customize the controls as needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 3

Related Articles