BE550 and MBP M2 - keeps losing connection

BE550 and MBP M2 - keeps losing connection

13 Reply
Re:BE550 and MBP M2 - keeps losing connection
2024-08-19 08:37:14 - last edited 2024-08-19 08:43:03

@Kenneth_Tang 

Are there any other EasyMesh devices connecting to the BE550 via EasyMesh? Or in other words, do you require to use EasyMesh on the BE550? If not, we may keep it disabled since the MacBook doesn't work with it properly.

However, if you require to use EasyMesh, to better assist you, I'll create a support ticket via your registered email address and escalate it to our support engineer to look into the issue. Please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-29 09:34:54 - last edited 2024-08-29 09:35:37

Kevin_Z wrote

@Kenneth_Tang 

Are there any other EasyMesh devices connecting to the BE550 via EasyMesh? Or in other words, do you require to use EasyMesh on the BE550? If not, we may keep it disabled since the MacBook doesn't work with it properly.

However, if you require to use EasyMesh, to better assist you, I'll create a support ticket via your registered email address and escalate it to our support engineer to look into the issue. Please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

@Kevin_Z 

I was trying to connect to a TP Link Re605x with easymesh before but the problem exists no matter if the device are there or not. It seems only older model of MacBook does not work well with it. To test that out, I bought a new MacBook Air and the problem does not exist on the new MacBook Air. It could be something with older model of MacBook but it is strange as I thought easymesh would be backward compatible.

TLDR; Buy a new MacBook can solve the problem.

Options
2024-08-29 11:27:57

@Kenneth_Tang 

Thank you very much for the update.

I also suspect that the MacBook 2017 may not work well with EasyMesh. If you're willing to investigate further, could you please work with our support engineers to look into it?

The ticket ID is TKID240840138.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Tags

Related Articles