Deco Firmware 1.11.0 Feature Introduction: VPNs, Bandwidth Limit, and More

Deco Firmware 1.11.0 Feature Introduction: VPNs, Bandwidth Limit, and More

25 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware 1.11.0 Feature Introduction: VPNs, Bandwidth Limit, and More
2024-04-13 04:28:42 - last edited 2024-04-13 04:32:19

Hi @Riley_S !

I have a Deco Mesh X55 network V1.6 (have 3 V1.26, not using). I did the firmware update last week to 1.5.0.

So far it's so much better than the previous firmware. 

I'm having one issue & it may not be an issue but something I'm not understanding or configuring incorrectly.

I have 3 devices that have always been enabled as high priority (Nest thermostat, Ring doorbell and Generac whole house generator).

After the firmware update finished I was going through the app to see what changes I noticed & if anything needed reconfigured.

I immediately noticed the 3 high priority devices were all showing in the QOS in accelerated mode. I deleted each, checked & they were disabled from high priority. I changed them back to high priority then checked the QOS & they were again showing in accelerated mode.

Is this normal or is there something I can configure to keep them from being automatically added to the accelerated mode? 🤔

Thanks for your assistance!! 

Steph

Always Be Kind
Options
3 weeks ago

@Riley_S Any input from Engineers to deploy this on BE95 model for testing?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hey @StephH,

Apologies for the late response; I was terribly sick. I believe that the QoS settings should still be taking effect, as the accelerated mode technically overrides the QoS settings, essentially making the device a high priority.

• Are you able to remove the devices from being an accelerated device?
  • Have you tried to reboot your network after making the changes?
  • Do you see a difference in device behavior since the devices were accelerated?

Something to note, the largest effect QoS has is in regards to your network speeds. Due to the low bandwidth that your listed devices consume, you may not necessarily want/need these devices to have a high-priority. I would usually recommend using the setting in two situations: One is when your devices are fighting for bandwidth due to the other devices consuming the entire bandwidth. Or two, when you want your device to gain additional bandwidth over other devices, such as streaming or gaming.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hey @Betovanbuuren,

The BE95 is still seeing a great deal of attention and is having a variety of features developed for both Wi-Fi 7 and additional features.

Right now, this firmware is still in its early stages of testing and potential releases, but I would expect the BE95 to receive the update relatively quickly after the necessary patches and fixes are made.

The X50/55 are some of our most popular models, and are most likely the models that see initial testing and development due to how often it has been updated through hardware and firmware in the past - meaning the engineers know the devices inside and out. Wi-Fi 7 is still in its early stages and likely needs more time to develop and make sure that the features are compatible with the new tech such as MLO and Multi-RU

Options
Yesterday

Are these features coming also to x95 series decos?

Options