One computer connects, not another
One computer connects, not another
2024-03-18 23:52:39
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello, Y'all!

I'm stumped. Can I stump y'all?

I have a laptop and a desktop in the garage. Laptop can't find the mesh, but the desktop can, and it's getting the full speed I'm paying for. 65Mb.

However, it CAN find the router in the house. And I get a whoppin' 20 Mb. If I steel the USB wireless adapter from the desktop, it see's the mesh, connects and I get my full speed.

If I plug the laptop into the mesh unit using cat5, I get 20Mb, so obviously the built in wi-fi works.

I've removed it from Device Manager and scanned for chagnes, it's found an still no worky. Drivers are up to date.

I've attached logs from the troubleshooting. Which of course says there's nothing wrong, IF I connect to the router.

Incedently, I've tried the so called "extenders" that plug into an outlet. Their a pain in the buttocks to setup and they don't work well. I'm retired, so I'm frugal, (not cheap.) My Dad claimed to be frugal, but trust me, he was CHEAP! I bought an inexpensive mesh system that also didn't work well. Returned it, tried a little more expensive one that I returned, then finaly asked google what devices are worth spending a lot of money on, and she said to try this package.

Thank you google! My router (and of course the primary unit,) is about 40' from the side door that leads to the patio to a detached garage, the man door to which is around 20' from the side door. I put 1 unit above a cupboard next to the side door, another on a shelf next to the man door, and the last next to my computers. Laptop is about 5' from the desktop. Man door is about 12' from the last device.

Also, due to potential earthquakes here in California the siding of our houses are some 2" this concrete. Plus insulation and drywall.

In other words, this system ROCKS!

Network Settings

File:
Windows Network Diagnostics.pdfDownload
Options