Need basic install help - no power light, Windows doesn’t recognize driver files

Need basic install help - no power light, Windows doesn’t recognize driver files

2024-04-20 03:02:51
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I had a TL-WN725N that was working fine on a legacy Windows computer.  Had the hard drive replaced, and now cannot get it to work.  There is no power light - it does have it on other computers, and the  USB ports in the new one read  other flash drives fine.  Device Manager recognizes it not as TP.Link but "802.11 in NIC", and there's the yellow exclamation by it, and while I have the driver install disc if I try to " update driver" in Device Manager using it, it says there are no usable files on it.  I'm at a loss, any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need basic install help - no power light, Windows doesn’t recognize driver files
2024-04-24 18:07:37

@Ohiostar 

To install the correct driver you should know the adapter hardware (HW) version.

Download the driver for this HW version from the support portal - here.

Unzip the deownloaded driver. Run the setup.exe from the unzipped driver folder to install the driver.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 1

Related Articles