Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings

2024-07-02 01:32:54
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2..5

I run a Windows active directory setup in my home and all my local clients use the two servers in that for their DNS. It was easy to setup the Deco mesh system to provide those DNS addresses to the DHCP clients and they all work as expected, with direct access to any of the local network resources. The issue arises when I have someone connect to the guest network. Those clients can't use DNS since they are not exposed to any of my local equipment. For laptops they can manually go in and adjust their network to override the DHCP settings to use an external DNS server, for devices like phones that is problematic. My old routers have all allowed me to use different DHCP settings for the main network and the guest network, and usually put the two on different subnets as well. How can I do that with the Deco? Without some sort of workaround I'm likely teo have to junk this and find a different solution, and I'd really prefer to not do that, since I'm working with a limited budget and it took quite a while to save up for this mesh system.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings
2024-07-03 21:32:19

So, no responces which tends to point toward there not being a solution. Has anyone a workaround? I suppose I can put an old router in just for the guest network, but it seems kind of silly that TP-Link doesn't have any real fix. They've been in the router market for a long time, and they used to support normal guest network parameters.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Related Articles