M5 Network Optimization doesn't work

2024-07-06 04:50:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4 Build 20231222 Rel. 63684

The Network Optimization feature in the Deco app doesn't work. I can run it ant it will say "Channel 9 is perfect." However, if I then run the Deco Lab Wi-Fi Interference app, it says I have "High Interference" and "Network Congestion" on Ch 9, and I can see my neighbor's nets on the same or an adjacent channel. I have an IoT network setup, but whether on the IoT or Main net, most of my 2.4Gz devices drop out over and over again, even though they have better than  -50db signal. This particularly impacts my security system reliability. I have tried all of the available remedies (disable beam forming and fast roaming, and everything else I've found in this forum and elsewhere. None of these have helped, and I would not expect them to if your "automatic" optimization keeps putting my net on the most congested channel, and you will not enable narrower channel width.

Based on the many other similar posts, I am clearly not your only customer with these issues. WHEN will you be adding the ability to manually specify channel and channel width for the M5?

I can assure you that if I have to replace this system with something else to get this basic WiFi capability, it will not be from TP-Link.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Network Optimization doesn't work
2024-08-02 14:33:07

@Tres33 It truly does nothing, like a placebo. TP-Link will never fix this huge bug.

I'm never buying TP-Link again because the 5ghz interference renders my $1500 wireless speakers useless due to not being able to change the channel.

Options