BE63 Deco Updated to newest firmware, Deco creates permanent backdoor wifi ssid. this is messed up.

BE63 Deco Updated to newest firmware, Deco creates permanent backdoor wifi ssid. this is messed up.

2024-07-12 04:52:53
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20240322 Rel. 57053

My Deco Be63 routers updated to a new firmware and I noticed the Deco now generates a wifi 7 ssid that is just numbers and letters. There are no options to find what this is and I have disabled everything I could and even factory reset to see why my deco has decided to broadcast a wifi signal that I cannot turn off and or change the password on or even see what its for. This is very concerning. Looks like a backdoor. Who asked for this? Its bad enough deco user cant have an offline web manager for the routers and have to deal with app that needs you to have a device that already has internet, the irony. If anyone know why this is or how I can stop the Be63 deco broadcasting its own locked ssid, it would be much appreciated if you let us know.

No hide wifi ssid is enabled and even after factory reset this random numbers and letters ssid presists to broadcast itself before even setting up router and even after setup it stays broadcasting. Its like that comcast modem that will broadcast xifinity wifi and your not allowed to turn it off.

I totally regret buying this paper weight now. It looks like with everything tp link has done its to make things harder to secure and never own something we bought. No way to revert back to the older firmware either. I paid 500 dollars to not own anything, well played tp-link.

All i can ask is just let us revert to older firmwares or let us disable features we dont want on a router we paid 500+ for. I know this will never happen but offline web ui to manage router would be great but yeah that would not continue to line tp-links pocket and I get it so probably never happening.

Thanks for any info on why a permanent non modifiable ssid broadcast is now on our routers.

Options