All devices show as "Offline" in the Deco app even though most are online

2024-08-02 12:51:36
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.51 Build 202440417 Rel. 52783

My app show no online devices.  I have also had problems with clients not pulling an v4 IP address (althought they get a v6 address)  until I reboot all of the Deco's.  not sure where to start trouble shooting this anyone have an idea?

994f743bb6f34a149d19ebff58613379

Options
4 Reply
Re:All devices show as "Offline" in the Deco app even though most are online
2024-08-02 16:31:32

@Jestyr7622 

Count me in on this thread. My 2 remotes are always showing offline either though status lights say they are fine

Options
2024-08-04 18:36:59 - last edited 2024-08-04 18:38:05

I have had my X55 (AX3000) v1 since October of 2022.  I love the operation and performance of the units, but the accuracy of the devices connected in the app has really been hit or miss.  It's to the point now, where I don't trust it at all.  You can usually fix the statuses on the app by rebooting the main unit, but in my experience the last few weeks, it doesn't last long.  Who wants to reboot the main unit every day, not me.  It often shows devices as "offline client"  even though I am currently using it.  A pull down refresh does nothing.  Right now my app shows two devices as offline, but if I select that device it shows "Connect to Living Room".  I don't get it.  And yes, I do have both the latest firmware on all units and the latest app version.

Options
2024-08-05 01:39:25

@BatTech 

@Jestyr7622 

@Artesian 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

A few 1.5.5 is in the release process which has optimized the client list issues on the Deco X55.

Currently, there is also a beta firmware that would also help with this issue:

Optimize The Overall App Experience/Network stability on Deco X50/X55_V1

It is suggested to install the beta firmware first while waiting for the official release.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-15 16:24:16 - last edited 2024-08-15 21:03:28

I installed the beta update and it was still not accurate. I think I may have found a work around. At least it works for me. This morning my app was still showing 9 connected clients even though I knew that was not correct. I pressed on Online clients > then pressed on the sort icon, selected another method of sorting, Confirm, and BOOM, all 47 clients now show up. Weird, but it worked.

UPDATE : Well, it only lasted about 5 minutes and then reverted back to now only show 11 connected clients.

This also happened.  While in the app, a notification popped up "Authentication error"  only one ... can be in control at one time.  I only have the app installed on one device?  I "re-took" control.

Update to update:  It appears selecting "Offline Clients"  dropped the clients.  Exited app, signed back in, resorted as stated above and they are all there again.

Hope this helps someone.

Options