BE63 Constant Issues

BE63 Constant Issues

BE63 Constant Issues
BE63 Constant Issues
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE63  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

So I have a Deco BE63 and I'm having some issues. Latest firmware is on it and what's going on is a complete loss of connection. It's random it can happen at any time and I have checked everything and also had my ISP take a look to make sure it's not on there end. They came out and checked and everything is normal all speeds are normal all wiring is new they even replaced my Ethernet going from my ONT to the deco just to be on the safe side. Problem is still occurring. I also have tried running the BE63 in AP mode and while that stopped the Ethernet drop off there is also another bug where in AP mode I am only getting half my speeds on the download side. The upload is fine. But as soon as I put the BE63 back in router mode the speeds goes back to normal. I even tried hooking my old Orbi system back up and ran that for a few days. I had no random disconnections at all. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out. Someone had mentioned this was a known problem with HW version 1.6 and the newest HW version fixed the connection issues. Any truth to that? 

thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:BE63 Constant Issues
3 weeks ago

@icehawk940 It's definitely possible that the newer version doesn't have the same issues, but TP-Link should resolve any issues you may have.  Hopefully a moderator comes along soon to help you address this...

Options
3 weeks ago

@icehawk940 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. May I know who your internet service provider is? How about the model number of the ISP gateway?

2. Have you seen whether the main Deco BE63 turned solid red during the disconnection?

I'd like to escalate your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with a copy of the IPV4 settings when the internet dropped out and a copy of the system log from the web UI-Deco web interface login

By the way, when the internet connection drops out, do you need to reboot the main Deco once to restore the internet connection?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

thanks for the reply my isp is frontier communications and the deco is wired via cat 7 directly to my ONT. The light doesn't go red immediately the system drops all WiFi connections then freezes and then goes red light it will reboot itself and then be ok for anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours then it happens again. I switched it to AP mode this afternoon for a while and the system would be stable for about 1/2 hour then I would get an enormous speed drop where the deco app says lan/wan speed rate is very low. The only way to fix that issue is a reboot. After having this happen numerous times throughout the afternoon I put it back to router mode and that error disappeared but then after 4 hours the freeze up happened again. It's extremely frustrating. As I am typing this system went down again same issue. I will send the logs as requested in the email I received from you earlier. 

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

I'm having the exact same issues. 

ATT gateway is in IP passthrough. Gateway is BGW320.

Service is 5GB/s 

Main router is on floor 1 connected to the gateway (obviously).

The entire house is hardwired Cat6 so I have the second BE63 upstairs hardwired back to the main router. 

I've checked the configuration 4000 times. 

I am a systems engineer. I've thrown together the most hodgepodge networks you can imagine and they still work better than this. 

When I switch back to Orbi (same setup), I have no problems. 

I can't just let this go, but the logs are worthless for root cause analysis. 

This should be a very easy fix, but support has been telling me they're working on it for 6 months. 

=======

When the network goes down, the light goes from green to yellow. Solid yellow. After a couple minutes, it flashes red a few times before going back to steady green. 

I'm on the latest firmware. I have disabled roaming and beam forwarding. I don't know what else to do. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@300BLK 

i ended up sending it back and getting version 2.6 and magically the issues disappeared. I have been seeing tons of other users having these same issues with hardware version 1.6 and the fact that this is a fairly newer system and there's already a newer hardware version of it tells me there's a bigger problem somewhere. I just wish there was more transparency especially when dishing out the money for systems like this.

Hawk

Options
a week ago

@icehawk940 I did the same thing and this is the first time I've gone a full 24 hours without a disconnect. 

As far as I can tell, the issue was my Samsung S24 Ultra feeding "bad" info to the router which caused an IP conflict. 

The router couldn't resolve it so it reboots. 

It still doesn't make sense to me, but it appears the issue is resolved and I can sleep again. 

FWIW, that damn phone just doesn't like mesh networks. 

Options
a week ago

@300BLK 

glad yours is working well I have had no issues since bumping up to HW 2.6 my uptime is great speeds across the system have been great no reboots and no more random client drop offs. I just hope more users that are having those issues with 1.6 get there systems sorted.

Hawk

Options
Saturday

@icehawk940 I'm having some issues as well while using our YouTube TV streaming service. It's the only thing that I've seen buffer but we use it alot more than others. How do you find which hardware version you have. I just purchased this system to upgrade from my Orbi system. I love the added speeds over WiFi, but drives me nuts about buffering with 1Gb fiber. I would like to look into following your lead but not sure about the versions. I upgraded the firmware but the numbers aren't matching up to what you guys have mentioned. Thanks in advance for any help! 

Options
Saturday

@UmbraSaiyan 

on the bottom of the units near the serial numbers you will see something like HW if it says 1.6 then that's the original BE63 hardware version 1.6 if it says 2.6 then that is the newer one. Remember when downloading firmware for it on the support site make sure you select the correct version as they usually are different they sometimes can be used across both hardware versions but I don't risk it and use the download specifically for the version I have. Also after doing the update hard reset the system it gets rid of any lingering bugs in the previous firmware version. My 2.6 version has been extremely stable except for a couple of ring cameras acting up but pretty sure I got that sorted. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 232

Replies: 9

Related Articles