Deco X55 - very slow download speed, good upload speed

Friday
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

GloFiber internet (600mbps). Recently set up the AX3000 (mesh of 3 X55s), Deco app says that "everything looks good." My phone has good upload and download speeds (100+mbps). However, my Windows laptops have terrible download speeds (~10mbps) but ok upload speeds (100+mbps). 

Seems the same issue as here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/664696

The fix in the linked thread was to choose another of the X55s to be the "main" one. I cannot change the location of my router. Should I follow those instructions and just swap a couple X55s then reassign the main (to the one attached to the router)?

Also: I don't have the version handy but just updated the firmware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X55 - very slow download speed, good upload speed
Friday

@Hanshan 

I followed the instructions outlined in case #1 at the link provided below and lost internet connectivity for approximately 90 minutes. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2400/

During the process, I kept both Deco units in the same location, which may have contributed to the issue. However, I did not revisit the setup after regaining internet access. 

Below is a detailed account of my experience with the connectivity loss and the steps I took to restore it, in case you encounter similar issues. 

Before starting the process, I confirmed that both Deco devices were online. I followed the provided instructions, and upon designating the Living Room Deco as the primary unit,

I noticed that the LED indicators on both devices changed from solid green to blinking red.

Following this change, I lost internet connectivity and experienced difficulties with the application that I had not encountered previously.

According to the Deco app, a blinking red LED light indicates that the device is disconnected from its primary unit. 

Currently, there is a new challenge: the Pantry Deco, which was originally set up as the primary unit, is now designated as a secondary unit, while the Living Room Deco, intended to be the primary unit, still identifies as a secondary unit.

At this juncture, I am without internet access. To regain connectivity, I followed these sequential steps:

1. Initially, I attempted to access the settings to designate the Pantry Deco as the primary device. However, only the Living Room Deco appeared as an option, which was unexpected given that the prior screenshot indicated it was connected.

2. Unable to switch the Pantry Deco back to the primary device, I decided to remove the Living Room Deco entirely. Unfortunately, this action resulted in the deletion of my entire network, requiring a complete rebuild from scratch and leading to further complications.

After this, the Living Room Deco indicator began to blink blue, while the Pantry Deco continued to blink red. The Deco app then prompted me to set up my first device.

As I attempted to re-add the Living Room Deco into the app, I encountered additional challenges.

During the setup, I was asked to create a new network. Unfortunately, I could not do this, as the network name was still associated with the Pantry Deco, indicating another disconnect between the app and the devices.

At this point, I deduced that a reset switch must be available on the devices. After researching online, I successfully located the reset switch.

I proceeded to reset both devices, unplugged the Living Room Deco, and designated the Pantry Deco as the primary device once again.

I then re-established both of my previous networks and re-added the Living Room Deco as the secondary device.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Saturday

@HelpFixDecoApp 

Thank you. That method will not work with my X55s because the app requires that the "main" X55 be wired to the modem via ethernet cable. Since I cannot change the physical location of my modem, that method will not work.

Options
Saturday - last edited Saturday

@Hanshan 

You should be able to factory reset all your models and then move them around but then you would be starting over from scratch 

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Sunday

@HelpFixDecoApp  Of course. But physically moving around the 3 identical Dexo X55s so that a different one is primary wuld not solve the problem of the slow upload speed.

Options