deco dropping my IoT devices

a week ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.21 build 20210726 / 1.4.1 build 20240722 / 1.2.5 build 20231121

Hello

I have 1 story ranch house 1800sq ft most of the house is plaster and lath with aluminum siding

On average I have 110 to 120 IoT devices don’t really know because they keep dropping and adding when ever they want?  

if I go into my app at this very moment it has me with 103 online clinets and 10 offline 20 min ago now I had 101 and 7 offline

36 smart devices and 43 kasa devices to add however when I click the + button to add them it keeps scanning and it errors out

(Side rant  after the update on Monday 60% labels just wiped out that info so I now have the generic EP10 HS200 …or even better iot_device that I need to track down and figure out ) via the mac address

and it is saying my airthing-view is hooked up to the wired network that is a wifi only device

Ecobee home thermostat

LG Washer /dryer/dishwasher and refrigerator  

52 some kasa smart plugs/power strips, 14 light switches and 8 cameras

20 hue light bulbs

5 wyze camera

2 nest smoke detectors

8 alexa

2 b-hyve wifi hub for sprinklers

as well as 8-10 other things like the catbox or room hepa filters

all on the IoT network

and then I add 3phones 2tablets on the main network

as well as 3 roku and 2 tv on the wired network as well as a a sonos and philips hue hub and a smart thing hub

All of my mesh satellites are on cat5e wired back haul except the deco x50   2 BE95 3XE5300 1 X50

Options
3 Reply
Re:deco dropping my IoT devices
a week ago

@jasonINmadison 

I have experienced similar issues with devices dropping offline, as well as challenges related to device renaming following firmware updates. 

I currently have an open ticket regarding this matter. I recommend that you also submit a ticket by following the instructions provided below.

Once you have your TKID number, please share it with me, and I will forward it to the engineers I have been in communication with over the past month regarding these issues.

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.
2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions.
3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.
4. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated response with a TKID number.
5. Upon receiving this email, please access the Deco web UI by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > System Log, select "ALL" in the log type, and save the file to your local computer. Then, reply to the email you just received, attach the log file, and kindly request that your ticket be escalated to a senior engineer for further assistance.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Wednesday
TKID240958205
Options
Wednesday

@jasonINmadison 

I have forwarded your ticket number to the engineers who are collaborating with me on this issue. I will inform you as soon as I receive any updates. They may also reach out to you directly.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options