8 port switch connect to extender or router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-06 23:02:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm a networking newbie. I'd love any thoughts about how to connect up a new switch I'm getting.

My scenario

Modem & Router are upstairs where I have connected some smart home hubs (SmartThings, Arlo, Philips Hue). I don't have much storage for all of these hubs and would like to move them downstairs.

Downstairs I have a space to store/hide these hubs, but also have Xbox One, AppleTV. They are located close to my RE 355 Range Extender and I could plug an Ethernet cable into a switch and then have all of the devices connect to my home network via the Switch/Extender connection.

I have the RE 355 connected to an Archer C7 Router on the 5Ghz band only. I think this would work okay, but I'm not sure a switch going to the extender is viable or if the switch really needs to be connected directly the router.
Options
1 Reply
Re:8 port switch connect to extender or router?
2021-09-14 21:06:49

@chus3r 

I have this question.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 1

Related Articles