How to extend the powerline network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-25 02:10:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear colleagues,

I just bought a kit TL-WPA-8630p to implement my home network, since I have difficulties to install network wires and the router is not able to reach all rooms.
The kit was provided with two pieces: the TL-PA8010, which has one (inbound) port to be connected to the router and the TL-WPA8630, which has three outbound ports + wifi.

It is working perfectly: the WPA was installed in my living room and wire-connected to both the Smart TV and the HTPC. Also, the wifi network signal is strong enough.

Now, I need to extend the wi-fi network to the backyard (since the wifi signal there is too weak). However, I can not find only the WPA extender to buy. It is being selling only as part of the kit.

My doubts are:
1) If I buy another kit, what would be the utility of the second TL-PA8010? As far as I understood, it is made only to be connected to the router and put the network packages in the powerline. Since I have already one piece doing this, would a second one be useless?
2) Maybe another way to make the previous question is: is the port of TL-PA8010 only inbound or it works also outbound (I could plug another TL-PA8010 to an existing powerline network and use it as an extender to use with network cable)
3) Is is really true that TP-Link is not selling only the TL-WPA8630? It seems to be an obvious need to someone trying to put wifi network in multiple rooms.

Many thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to extend the powerline network
2017-03-27 18:02:39
There is no "sides" to where you use those powerline adapters. The extra 8010 you get can just as well be used on the far side of a powerline network, on an endpoint device. It just so happens that this model is most useful right at the router's location.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 823

Replies: 1

Related Articles