Device List and Port Forward Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-16 11:44:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

Just purchased and setup the Deco M5 system with 3 units. I have the primary Deco plugged directly into a cable modem. The Deco is running as the only router on the network. The remaining 2 Deco units are all connected by wireless. All 3 Decos updated to the latest firmware update when they were hooked up. The problem right now is the Deco app is not showing me all of the connected wireless devices.

I have a wireless security camera that does not show up in the device list. I need to be able to set up port forwarding for the camera, but the port forwarding feature on the app is terrible in that you must select a device already in the list to use. It will not let you manually type in an IP address.

The camera has a static IP address. I can connect to the camera wirelessly on the Deco M5 network through my phone and through a computer without issues. So it is connect and working on the Deco M5 network, but the Deco app will not show it as a listed device, so I cannot setup external port forwarding.

I tried to disable Static IP on the camera and enabled DHCP on it. It pulled a new IP address which was assigned by Deco, but yet the Deco app will still not show it in the list so I still cannot setup port forwarding for the camera.

I have tried rebooting all of the individual Deco units. I have rebooted and factory reset the IP camera. I have rebooted the Deco app and the phone that uses the app. Nothing works to show it in the device list on the deco app.

What can I do? Why can't we manually enter an IP address for port forwarding instead of having to select a device from the drop down list?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Device List and Port Forward Issue
2017-11-25 22:39:18
I am also missing the feature to be able to manually specify an ip in the port forwarding settings!
Options
2017-11-27 15:31:41
I hear they are making a web-interface for the Deco with all these feature on board, but no timetable was given though, probably it will be out Q2 2018.
Options
2020-04-01 22:41:59

@kamenev197 I have the same requirement and was told that there is no way to add an IP address to the Deco M9 Plus. You must select from the drop-down list, and my device doesn't appear in the list. Didn't have this issue at all with my previous router. Big design flaw. 

Options
2020-10-31 14:33:56

@jimacarr 

The fact that 3 years later and this hasn't been addressed is ridiculous. Either allow manual IPs to be entered, or accurately list all devices. My device is accessible on the network, but doesn't show in the app/list of connected devices.

Options
2021-01-04 02:32:17

@kamenev197 

So what good is this router and mesh system if it will not port forward my very expensive home automation system requests?

Is there a patch in the works of do I just have to get a competitor unit that will see all my devices and correctly port forward them?

thanks

Steve

Options
2021-10-15 21:15:03

Same issue for a long time. any work around?

Options
2021-10-18 11:13:44

@Xally 

Hi, it Is suggested to have a look at this link:

Workaround - Forward port to missing device

Options
2021-12-26 21:31:58

I hit this today and found a workaround which I'll share in case it helps someone else.  The PC I wanted to set up port forwarding to is connected to the LAN port via a switch, is using DHCP from the deco, but wasn't appearing on the device list in the app.  Suspecting the app might have grabbed a snapshot of the devices when I opened the app, and perhaps the PC wasn't online at that time, I ensured the PC was booted, force closed the app, opened it again, and saw the device list update to include the PC.  At that point I could setup the port forwarding in the UI.  Cliche, but try force closing the app, ensuring the target PC is on, then opening the app again.  Hope this helps someone!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1762

Replies: 8

Related Articles