Archer C7 really slow WiFi speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 01:35:58
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I recently purchased the AC1750 Archer C7 as to use as a stand in while I move from one house to another. When I plug my laptop into the modem directly I am getting about 630 Mbps down. When I go hard wired through the router I get about 600Mbps down. But when I connect via wireless, regardless of if I am on the 2.4 or 5 GHz, I am lucky to get 20 Mbps and usually am getting closer to .2 Mbps. I have read through some of the other forum posts and made sure that NAT and NAT Boost are enabled as well as turned off WMM. I have changed SSID and passwords. Does anyone have any idea why my WiFi speeds would be so low?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 really slow WiFi speeds
2021-05-27 11:39:25

@Sleepy_Mechy 

Have you tested the speeds with another device?

It could be the PC. One thing that can happen is the PC could have no or unusual WIFI if you changed routers and used the same SSID as a previous router. You can try deleting (forget) the WIFI network on the PC and reestablishing it.

Also check any settings that your network adapter has as well as check for any updates for it.

On the router side, be sure the firmware is up to date, you are using the power adapter that came with it, the antennas are installed correctly, the router has some space around it and not up against another electronic device, try different channels and bandwidths. If still no go, try a factory reset.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 1

Related Articles