Problems with Initial Install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-28 02:56:47 - last edited 2021-09-28 03:05:37
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just purchased an Archer AX20 /AX1800 router with two power line adaptor starter kits. I went through all the instructions and the pairing appeared to work fine. Took the three remote adaptors to different rooms while leaving one adaptor connected to the router via Ethernet cable. I plugged in the adaptors and the "Power LCD" and the "Powerline LED" lights came on pretty quickly. Roughly 2-3 minutes later the "Powerline LED" light goes off and the "Power LCD" light would start blinking. I tried this multiple times to no avail including doing the pairing in the same room and on the same circuit. I have spoken with tech support and they couldn't get it working. It was suggested I download the tpPLC application to a Windows machine in order to pair all the devices manually. I followed the instructions carefully and I got to the point where it asked for the Powerline Key. No matter which adaptor I plugin and connect via ethernet to my PC, I keep getting the error message "Unable to add the device". I have spent two hours on this plus three calls to tech support. They were less than helpful. It's a real shame because TP-Link gets such great reviews but I'm close to returning the product. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with Initial Install
2021-09-28 08:17:27 - last edited 2021-09-28 08:19:05

Hello@KMemo ,

Thank you for your detailed post. From your description ' Roughly 2-3 minutes later the "Powerline LED" light goes off and the "Power LCD" light would start blinking. ' 

It is possible your power line device enter into power save status, it is recommended to disable power save mode and see Powerline Led could stay ON. 

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

Please check if device could get Internet at that time, could you see 4 powerline units showing on tpPLC Utlity?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 1

Related Articles