Deco X90 modes setup for finding network devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-21 08:36:07
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

i am trying to use my deco x90 after the main home switch, but in router mode (the mode i want to work it for parental control) cannot see network drives and security cameras.

If i change to to AP mode then everything is ok.

I tried to place the Deco after the modem and give form the second lan internet to my switch, but for the main Deco unit you can use only 1 lan and the second only for backhaul 

Place see diagram bellow

i am only thinking place the X90 after the modem and with backhaul a 2nd deco x20 to gibe internet to the switch (2nd image)

Any help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X90 modes setup for finding network devices
2021-10-22 02:40:00

@Paris25 

Hi, it is ok to connect a gigabit switch to the second LAN port on the Deco X90, then connect the Deco X20 to the gigabit switch as well.

As long as the gigabit switch supported IEEE 1905.1 protocol, the Ethernet backhaul could be created via the switch.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

So may I know the model number of your gigabit switch?

Options
2021-10-22 07:10:36

@TP-Link 

Thank you for you reply,

if i use the Deco X90 as a router and connect the 2,5gport with my modem, then the second lan doesn't give intrenet to my Switch, all the network drives have local access only.

i dont want to use the backhaul via the switch,i want to avoid using 2nd deco.

my switch model is D-Link DGS-1210-10

Options
2021-10-25 08:18:15

@Paris25 

Hi, what If we disconnected the D-link switch, and connect the desktop via cable to the main X90 directly, are you able to get any internet service?

Or if you are not able to move the desktop, what is the IP address on the desktop when it is connected to the switch?

ISP router---<wired>X90---<wired>-- D-Link DGS-1210-10—desktop

And did you enable any IPTV/VLAN service on the main Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 3

Related Articles