External router and Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

External router and Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
External router and Deco
External router and Deco
2021-12-13 21:58:14 - last edited 2021-12-14 22:02:40
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 56193

Hi

My current network configuration:
Huawei 818 (LTE) -> Deco M4 (as AccessPoint) -> Deco M4 (as AccessPoint) -> Deco M4 (as AccessPoint)

There is very limited option to configure Huawei Router so I want to add new router between Huawei 818 and first Deco M4. I think about (Archer AX55, Archer AX73, or wire router Ubiquiti EdgeRouter). So I want to set as:

Huawei 818 -> Archer AX55 -> Deco M4 (x3 as AccessPoint) and quesition. Does it make sense? Do I get any profit?

Will I be able to use all router (AX55) functionalities is such network configuration like, port forwaring, QoS, assign IP based on MAC address etc?

Currenlty I have ~50 devices connected via Wifi

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:External router and Deco-Solution
2021-12-14 02:39:20 - last edited 2021-12-14 22:02:40

@tjasnos 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is ok If you have:

Huawei 818 -> Archer AX55 -> Deco M4 (x3 as Access Point).

You might need to consider setting up  Huawei 818  in the bridge modem and using all router functionalities on AX55 or AX73, port forwarding, QoS, assign IP based on MAC address, etc.

There is something you might also be interested in, when Deco is on the access point mode, it has its own mesh network, different from the main router’s wireless network.

So if you tend to only have one wireless network at home, you might need to turn off the Wi-Fi of the main router.

In this way, a pure wired router- Ubiquiti EdgeRouter is also acceptable.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:External router and Deco-Solution
2021-12-14 02:39:20 - last edited 2021-12-14 22:02:40

@tjasnos 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is ok If you have:

Huawei 818 -> Archer AX55 -> Deco M4 (x3 as Access Point).

You might need to consider setting up  Huawei 818  in the bridge modem and using all router functionalities on AX55 or AX73, port forwarding, QoS, assign IP based on MAC address, etc.

There is something you might also be interested in, when Deco is on the access point mode, it has its own mesh network, different from the main router’s wireless network.

So if you tend to only have one wireless network at home, you might need to turn off the Wi-Fi of the main router.

In this way, a pure wired router- Ubiquiti EdgeRouter is also acceptable.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 723

Replies: 1

Related Articles