AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router PC can't play some videos - Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router PC can't play some videos - Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-30 02:14:41 - last edited 2022-11-02 11:49:29
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a small problem but it's making me nuts.  There are some videos that I used to be able to play on my PC (which is ethernet wired directly to my router) but I cannot play them anymore and get this error:

This video is either unavailable or not supported in this browser

Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

Session ID: 2022-10-30:39884b8d7df2ae4da66977c3 Player Element ID: video-player

Happens with all browsers....Vivaldi, Firefox, Chrome....

So I try it on my other devices that are on this routers wifi (iPad) and I get the same error.  

Switch to my phone's hotspot and I can play the video on the PC and the iPads.

Is there a setting I can change in the router settings to fix this?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router PC can't play some videos - Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED
2022-11-01 18:40:55

@RaggedyMom,

Is this a local file or a stream from a website. I would first try to change the firewall settings on your router to see if this is blocking the connection. It would also be worth changing the DNS server to a more common service, such as Google or Cloudfare.

Otherwise, can you provide some additional information regarding what you are trying to stream?

Options