X60 ethernet pass through is crushing Mbps by alot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-30 15:07:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220412 Rel. 41022

My home office is hardwired (cat5e) to the other side of the house where the modem is. I am going to have a deco in my office for wifi coverage I figued I would ethernet backhaul it, since the hardwire is available. What I have found is if I pass the ethernet connection for my office pc thru the deco it crushes my internet connection. Omit the deco hardwiring and my connection is super fast. I was making the assumption that a eithernet connection through the deco would be just a pass through, but it is not and is crushing it.

All ethernet connections:

Modem --> Main-Deco-X60 --> Switch --> Deco-X60 --> DesktopPC (~90Mbps)

Modem --> Main-Deco-X60 --> Switch --> DesktopPC (~900 Mbps)

Any ideas what is going on here? Any fixes? I could put another switch in front of the 2nd deco to split out the pc connection, but I shouldn't have to.

Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 ethernet pass through is crushing Mbps by alot
2022-11-01 00:40:54

@Blitz357,

From my understanding, you should be able to accomplish what you are doing with no problem. You could, if your situation allows, move the switch to the other room and split the ethernet connection equally to your PC and Deco, however, your original setup should work great.

On your desktop, if you navigate into the network adapter settings, and then find its properties; you will be given the maximum speed that the PC can send through the line, given the way it auto-recognized the setup. If you have a link speed listed below 1000Mbps, you should either replace the ethernet cable, or check the auto-port negotiation settings for your PC's network adapter.

I believe that the next major step down in speeds from the 1000Mbps standard, is in fact a 100Mbps maximum, which would line up with the speeds you are listing. I would also recommend changing the QoS settings in your Deco to either be disabled or to have a manual speed assignment that is greater than what you are expecting to receive from your ISP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles