HP Deskjet 8025E can't connect to the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 03:54:22
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Network set up just fine.  Tried to connect my printer... entered in network name and PW-   message- wrong password.  I repeated this 3 times, verified pw.   No connet.  This is a brand new printer.  I expected the Mesh network to easily connect to other devices like printers.   

In Amazon product reveiws someone had a similar issue he returned the Deco product-  Is that what I should do?  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:HP Deskjet 8025E can't connect to the network
2022-12-15 23:48:18

@PDS53,

Printers often use older chips for communication, which may have issues with some of the newes technologies. There are a few things that you can try to bring the printer onto the network.

- Try disabling the 5Ghz band on your router and connecting the printer. If the printer is only capable of 2.4 Ghz but is trying to connect via the 5Ghz network, the device wont connect properly. You can then reenable the 5Ghz band.

- Disable the Beamforming option from your Deco App to see if this feature is causing the behavior; I have seen this feature affect the stability of connections for similar devices.

- For ease of use, most printers have a WPS feature. WPS allows you to conect a device to your network by pushing a button on your router, or in the app, and then pushing a button on your device, and the device will automatically join the network, without the need for you to input a password.

- If your pritner has an ethernet port, you can attach your printer directly to a satellite deco to create a stable wired connection.

I would defintely recommend first connecting the device to a PC, as HP has released specific software and applications for wireless connectivity that may require additional setup. For example, I know that in order to print to my HP printer wirelessly from an Android device, I had to install an app from HP to make the pritner visible to the phone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 1

Related Articles