Needed: ability to manually select node connection s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-23 12:40:05
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Up to date as of 1/23/23

My nodes are self-connecting in irrational ways. My furthest node is connecting directly to my main node despite there being closer nodes with a stronger signal. There is no current way to override this and moving the furthest node further away has not improved this. 

PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO MANUALLY CHOOSE NODE CONNECTIONS

Options
1 Reply
Re:Needed: ability to manually select node connection s
2023-01-24 01:06:32

@Liegs,

This feature is actually slowly rolling out to Deco models as the feature is developed. Right now, the feature should be available for devices that are using a V1.6+ Firmware Version. Your device has not had an update for the feature made available yet, however, our development team is currently in the process of rolling this out to more models. This feature is brand new, and we are expecting to see more models added with each batch of firmware releases.

If all of your nodes are wirelessly connected, your nodes may be favoring the main connection due to how the latency is increased and the overall speed/bandwidth reduced with each wireless 'hop' or connection in the network. It is not uncommon to see a 20-30% drop in speed when Daisy Chaining Deco units wirelessly.

Options