Connect to Local Network over the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 00:06:27

Is there any way to conect to my local network as a client over the internet?  I have set up port forwarding and can connect to an individual computer on the local network but I'd like to connect as if I were on the local network, ie be assigned a local IP address.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connect to Local Network over the Internet
2023-03-09 06:46:38

@sjc314 

Depending on your router model you could use VPN server feature on your device to access your local network remotely.

For example you can take a peek on how to use OpenVPN to access your home network (given that VPN server feature is implemented on your device).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-09 16:07:19

@terziyski Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately my Deco model doesn't appear to have the VPN option.

Options
2023-03-09 18:13:44

@terziyski Although I have the VPN function on my X55 system, there's only mobile app access (VPN not listed as an option in the web portal) and the process doesn't appear to 'save' a config, or even create a certificate (per the video). Please advise.

Options
2023-03-10 07:31:24 - last edited 2023-03-11 12:23:26

@cableghost 

If you're using a Deco system, use the Deco app to configure, because the web interface has a limited functionality - the guide I posted is for wireless routers.

Regarding VPN server on X55, take a look at this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options