Archer T3U: Disconnects all my USB devices & connection isn't reliable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-22 22:02:12
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.80

When I start my pc, the adapter doesn't connect to my Network immediately. I have to unplug it and plug it again, but by doing this all of my other USB devices turn off? It sounds weird but that's the truth. The adapter also sometimes doesn't want to connect to my network and like restart afterwards, turning my USB devices off again and can't use my keyboard, mouse (sometimes I even have to hold my power button down to hard shutdown my pc, because nothing was working). I've tried updating the drivers, removing the drivers from device manager, but it's still going on like this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T3U: Disconnects all my USB devices & connection isn't reliable
2023-03-22 23:12:25

@N1ghtTheF0x,

I would first go through all of the Power Mode Settings on your PC. Oftentimes, the USB ports will have energy-saving modes, or will put the USB port to sleep after a while. It is possible that this is causing only your devices to receive power. There should be an option along the lines of "Allow the Computer to Turn off This USB to Save Power"

I would imagine that your other USBs see a momentary outage as your PC renegotiates with the adapter to accommodate the network. Hopefully, changing the power setting will prevent the disconnect from happening in the first place.

You may also try using the default windows drivers, rather than the drivers provided through TP-Link's site to see if there is any difference.

Options
Re:Archer T3U: Disconnects all my USB devices & connection isn't reliable
2023-03-24 20:36:04

@Riley_S I changed the Power Settings of all my USB hubs, uninstalled the driver so that Windows automatically reinstalls it, but nothing changed, same behavior 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 2

Related Articles