Why so Slow?!?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why so Slow?!?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Why so Slow?!?
Why so Slow?!?
2023-04-06 12:36:11
Model: Archer TXE75E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Does anyone else have this wireless card/adapter? (TXE75E)

I run Windows 11 and i'm connected to 6G WiFi through a TP-Link AXE16000 quad band router.

I am a little upset so far as I installed the card, downloaded the latest drivers, ran multiple speed tests just to hit peak speeds of a whopping 94 mbps. (Note: we have Windstreams fastest internet plan) and my computer is literally one wall away. 

My son reaches speeds averaging 350 MBPS (highest I seen was 780 mbps for him) and he is probably 25 feet from the router.

I spoke with TP-Link tech and they can not find the issue either. They want to access remotely, but i thought I'd jump in here and see if anyone could help first.  Please note my son's computer and mine have similar specs.

Can anyone help on this? I am not understanding what is impacting such slow speeds. It's annoying after spending $500 for a router, and then another $60 for a wifi card. I mean, the cheap $12 wifi usb dongle I had plugged in was hitting speeds of 50-70 mbps.  

Something isn't right, but I can't figure it out. 

Any help is appreciated,

-Marcos

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why so Slow?!?
2023-04-06 19:05:25

@Marcos-Link,

I would honestly start with checking for updates on all parts of the PC - speeds like these are almost always a result of a compatibility issue between the BIOS and adapter. If there were an incompatibility for the chip, an update would have been made to the BIOS, which most users never actually update and has to be started manually.

You may also try uninstalling the drivers that you are using and use the generic drivers from Windows or from the chip manufacturer; or if using the generic drivers, try the official drivers from your download page.

Are you able to connect and receive higher speeds through the regular 2.4 or 5Ghz connections?

Lastly, What does the Link Speed Report on the PC?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 1

Related Articles