true multigig

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

true multigig

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
true multigig
true multigig
2023-04-20 02:51:43

I Have a newbie question. I purchased a TP-link TX201 network card. It is rated for speeds up to 2500 Mbps. Is this a true multigig port that will handle any speed up to 2.5 Gbps. I other words my internet plan is 1.4 Gbps, will the tx201 achieve something close to this speed or since 1.4 Gbps is below the 2.5Gbps step, will it revert to 1.0 Gbps?

Options
1 Reply
Re:true multigig
2023-04-20 16:24:11

@SDtn,

On your PC, you can always check the link rate of the network adapter in your settings. This will show the speeds at which the device is connected to the network. 

As long as your router is also able to send multigig connections, you should see something similar to the full bandwidth minus the environmental factors.

For connections within your local network, you will see speeds above the 1.4Gbps, however when accessing anything on the internet, your traffic will have to be bottlenecked down the to 1.4Gbps while communicating with the internet. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 1

Related Articles