Deco XE70 Pro – Getting Started with MultiGig and 6GHz Connectivity 

2024-04-18 19:27:02 - last edited 2024-05-28 20:49:30

d128d9ae07e541a0a189f39bc138f39c

For a Limited Time, Bring Wi-Fi 6E Connectivity to Your Home for Under $300 (3-Pack)!

Also, Make Sure to check out our Influencer Videos for an Opportunity to Receive an Additional $20 off! (landpet, Deal Unboxing) 

--

The Deco XE70 Pro is designed to meet the evolving needs of modern devices. While the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi Networks have been reliable and widely implemented, most mobile device, tablet, and laptop manufacturers have now added 6GHz connectivity to their devices, and the Deco XE70 Pro is fully compatible with these improvements.

4.9 Gbps Tri-Band Wi-Fi: 2162Mbps (6GHz) + 1922Mbps (5GHz) + 574Mbps (2.4Mbps)

Wider Lanes for Faster Speeds: WiFi 6E allows for 7 additional 160 MHz channels that double bandwidth and throughput, enabling many more simultaneous transmissions at the highest possible speeds. This translates to users enjoying 8K movies, AR/VR gaming, and large file downloads—all without buffering. 

BSS Coloring, Seamless Roaming, and AI-Driven Mesh:  Work to Make Sure Every Corner of Your Home is covered, while also ensuring your devices have the strongest possible signal. 

Engineered for More Devices – Wi-Fi 6E handles up to 200 devices simultaneously, ensuring smooth, reliable connections for your phones, laptops, TVs, game consoles, smart home devices, and more. 

Multi-Gig Connectivity: 1 x 2.5 Gbps and 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports 

By utilizing the 2.5Gbps port on your device to connect to your ISP, you can take full advantage of Multi-Gig Service Plans. Additionally, you can use these 2.5Gbps connections to create a wired backhaul between Deco Nodes or connect high-throughput devices to your Deco Network. 

While our most powerful and bandwidth-hungry networks are already beginning to look towards Wi-Fi 7, Wi-Fi 6E is still the go-to standard for consumer devices such as phones, laptops, and home networks and will continue to provide connectivity into the foreseeable future. 

Product Overview Page for Deco XE70Pro 

Buy the Deco XE70 Pro on Amazon: 1-Pack | 2-Pack | 3-Pack 

Learn More about the XE70 Pro in the Recent Forbes Article:

TP-Link Unveils Wi-Fi 6E Mesh System For Total Wireless At Home 

Not Sure How Many Nodes to Buy? 

Please Note: These values are derived from our lab testing, and it is important to note that individual coverage is highly dependent on multiple factors, such as the construction of your house, interference, and nearby devices. 

# of Deco XE70 Pros 

Tested Coverage 

3 Nodes 

Up to 7,200ft² or 370m² 

2 Nodes 

Up to 5,500ft² or 500m² 

1 Node 

Up to 7,200ft² or 270m² 

b8491a0534594e9bb7e5eec1c987a58f

Related: 

Learn More About Wi-Fi 6E 

Story: What Your Home Needs to Get Started with Multigig Networking

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco XE70 Pro – Getting Started with MultiGig and 6GHz Connectivity 
2024-05-28 18:06:15

@Riley_S 

I just installed this XE70 Pro (replacing my old Netgear Orbi) over the Memorial weekend, The installation was super easy, BUT, the WiFi connection is HORRENDOUS. The connection is intermittent, sporadic, and is constantly showing between 0Kpbs and 100 kbps download speed (please see pic below). Note, it's KBPS not mbps!! I have a 500mbps from my internet provider and intend to increase it to 1000mbps upon successful instalation (precisely the reason for buying this XE70 Pro with 6E). What have I done wrong in my installation? Can someone help me with resolving this problem? May have to return this unit if this can't be resolved asap. Thank you all in advance.

Note: Supposedly, this system has a very good connection through walls, but as you can see, my 2nd satelite unit with 6 devices in the family room has a very poor connection, showing only 2 bars even though it's only about 50 feet and 2 rooms away fromthe main unit. The 1st satelite unit in the living room is also about 2 rooms away but only 25 feet away from the main unit, and the connection is showing full bars. I will try to move the 2nd satelite unit to somewhere ese see if the connection will improve. I had OLD Orbi wifi 5 from 2016 at the same spot and the connection was very good.

b76d16384151485d88cc6194d1f32ce4

Options
2024-05-30 18:01:49

Hey @Hock,

A few things to get started.

First, the connection quality shown is dependent on how the Decos are connecting to each other, it is possible that your nodes are choosing the 5 or 6GHz network for the increased bandwidth on the backhaul, but would have a lower signal strength. Based on your icon, your connection should be more than sufficient, and may provide a better experience than if it were to connect with a strong signal via 2.4 GHz.

For the Speed, Have you attempted to run a speed test from a device, rather than from the Decos? The numbers in the Deco app are a measure of data throughput, not your network speed. You will want to connect a device to your Decos, preferably with a wired connection for testing your entire network's potential throughput, and run a speed test through a service such as Ookla or fast.com

Otherwise, what does your network setup look like? What is your ISP Modem?

Did you configure the Decos to use the same network settings as your previous Orbi Network?

Options
2024-08-02 17:56:08

@Riley_S I am having bandwidth issues over Lan lines.  A possible issue I've identified is that the Lan functionality of my XE70 Pro doesn't work when connecting my modem to the 2.5 Lan port and my other cables to the 1.0 Lan ports.  When I connect the modem to one of the lower bandwidth ports, all ports work, but I don't get the bandwidth I should.

Options
2024-08-02 23:09:14

@Montgomery24,

Without considering the other ports, it sounds as though the two may not be negotiating the full multi-gig connection correctly. Have you been able to try another cable between your Main Node and Modem?

What is the port on the modem you are connected to rated for?

When using the multi-gig port, do LANs simply cease to function, are devices still connected to the network, or do they simply lose their internet connection?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 4

Related Articles