Connect 2.4ghz device to mesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-14 18:04:22
Tags: #2.4ghz device
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 build 20230301 Rel. 53300

Hello,

I have an air conditioner that works with a smartphone app.

The air conditioner works on 2.4GHZ only.

After installing a mesh system that includes 5 units of deco X50 i can't connect it.

The air conditioner app take the WIFI SSID and password from the phone and sends it to the air conditioner.

When trying it says that the only WIFI supported is 2.4ghz.

I tried to disable the 5ghz WIFI through the Deco application and tried again but still can't connect the air conditioner.

Is there any other settings i need to set?

Thanks,

Tal

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect 2.4ghz device to mesh system
2023-05-15 22:17:23

@Tal-ash,

Mesh Systems are backwards compatible and should still be able to connect devices if they only support 2.4GHz. Saying that, some IoT devices still have issues connecting to the network due to differences in Wi-Fi implementations.

I would recommend attempting to connect your AC unit to either an IoT or Guest Network, as the bands can be turned on and off for these networks. If you are still having problems connecting, it may be a result of the wireless security settings for the network. Try using a lesser method for your IoT network, such as WPA /WPA-2 Personal

Are you able to see the AC in the list of connected devices through the process, meaning it can connect, just your phone cannot find the device for setup? If it shows in the list of connected or offline devices, there may be settings to change that will help keep the AC connected, such as Fast Roaming, Mesh, or Beamforming

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1

Tags

2.4ghz device
Related Articles