Latest T-P Link Archer Security Flaw

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-21 16:03:01
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I really enjoy my current router, it fits very well into my current network which has been expanded by the addition of a 2nd hand Cisco SG300-10pp. After reading the current flaw after prior string of security weaknesses, possibly exposing my resources needless to say I am concerned. Although T-P Link hardware seems robust the accompanying O/S is a disaster. 

Can T-P Link prove they have taken steps to provide much more secure firmware for the products they sell moving forward? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Latest T-P Link Archer Security Flaw
2023-05-22 16:57:34

@T-Dog,

Our team has already been talking with a few users on our subreddit about this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/comments/13ju9b6/fyi_tp_routers_possibly_at_risk/ 

From everything that we can see, the report appears to be referencing "custom firmware," which is something that we do not offer and is definitely not recommended. We always recommend, to avoid situations like this, always upgrading your device's firmware through the official App, WebUI, or by downloading the firmware from our official site.

It is also worth mentioning that this is not limited to TP-Link, as users have mentioned that the vulnerability exists on other brands' routers. We will try to provide an update to everyone if there are any updates given to our team on the topic.

Our teams are always making sure to provide the best security for our users, with any discovered vulnerabilities on our official firmware being quickly patched and pushed to routers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 1

Related Articles