MyQ devices stopped working two days ago

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 21:15:19 - last edited 2023-05-26 16:00:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Out of the blue, two days ago, my two MyQ 828LM Internet Gateways stopped connecting to the Liftmaster servers. They have an IP address assigned, just cant get to the server. I don't know what changed. Maybe Liftmaster did a software update, maybe TP-Link did a software update on the M5 - dunno. I have tried factory reset on the 828LM, no change. I did temporarily hook up an old Netgear WiFi router instead of the Deco M5, and the 828LM's connected successfully. Next going to try to factory reset the Deco-M5's and see if that helps. I will also break out Wireshark and see what's actually happening. I wish Deco-M5 had more visibility and/or configurability to see what is being blocked. I temporarily turned off all of the network protection but that did not help either. I really depend on remote operation of our gate opener and garage door opener so if I cannot get it to work I will have to drop Deco and go with another mesh router. Any trouble-shooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MyQ devices stopped working two days ago-Solution
2023-05-26 02:19:16 - last edited 2023-05-26 16:00:32

@ralphkw1 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Did the old Netgear router connect to the same ISP modem when running for the comparison test?

Please also refer to this link to change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

And if you are not on the latest firmware 1.6.5 Build 20230110 on the Deco, please also go to Deco APP>More>System tools>update Deco to install the latest firmware first.

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email in case we need further assistance from the engineers.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:MyQ devices stopped working two days ago-Solution
2023-05-26 02:19:16 - last edited 2023-05-26 16:00:32

@ralphkw1 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Did the old Netgear router connect to the same ISP modem when running for the comparison test?

Please also refer to this link to change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

And if you are not on the latest firmware 1.6.5 Build 20230110 on the Deco, please also go to Deco APP>More>System tools>update Deco to install the latest firmware first.

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email in case we need further assistance from the engineers.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:MyQ devices stopped working two days ago
2023-05-26 16:00:04

@David-TP : Changing the DNS from automatic to manually select Google like you suggested fixed the issue. Not sure why the old router worked because I assume it would use the same automatic settings from the ISP, but maybe not. I also don't understand why my ISP's DNS randomly dropped the MyQ server from it's list. Regardless, thank you very much for the help.

Best Regards,

Ralph

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 462

Replies: 2

Related Articles