Disable TPLinkWiFi.net and TPLinkRepeater.net Redirects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 23:12:25
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

There are other posts on this but they've been locked.

How can one disable these redirects?

If I'm using a devices IP address, please let the web UIs honor this and not redirect back to a TPLink URL.

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Disable TPLinkWiFi.net and TPLinkRepeater.net Redirects
2023-07-13 21:20:18

@4nthony,

I do not think that the local redirects can be disabled - the only way that I could think of is if you turn off the remote management features, but I believe the redirects will still exist.

It's worth noting that while it is 'redirecting', your traffic is not leaving your local network, as the redirect takes place on your router and not external servers. You will be communicating with your router locally over your network.

Since the UI of the router can be accessed with either method, is there a specific reason that you would like to disable the redirects?

Options
2023-07-13 21:48:42 - last edited 2023-07-13 21:49:10

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply.

I've added 4 extenders to my house -- one RE815XE and three RE315s -- to expand the reach of the network. I've got various IoT devices that are outside the reach of my ISP supplied AXE300. 

I can access the extender's web interface via their IP addresses (192.168.1.2, .3, .4, .5). 

I've been logging into the various extenders to make sure the IoT clients having problems are in the extender's client list. This usually works great, except when there's a link in the extender that redirects me to TPLinkRepeater.net. Because I have different extenders, it doesn't know which extender I was previously on and I have to type in the IP address again.

I know the traffic stays inside my network so no worries there. 

Cheers,

Anthony 

Options
2023-07-14 19:21:18

@4nthony,

Gotcha, that makes more sense now - Do you know if the links are throughout the interface or only in specific menus?

I will pass your situation on as I can see how it could be frustrating but I would recommend trying to use the Tether App to monitor the REs, especially wirelessly - The situation that you are coming across is the reason that we recommend connecting to the WebGUI with a wired connection. If all your Range Extenders are linked to your TP-Link ID, you would be able to see them all in one app without having to know the IP address or redirect links.

Its also worth mentioning that while the AXE300 has not received Easymesh through an update, all of your devices are OneMesh compatible, so you may think about converting your REs over to a OneMesh-powered network for a better experience.

Options
2023-07-15 01:57:51

Riley_S wrote

@4nthony,

Gotcha, that makes more sense now - Do you know if the links are throughout the interface or only in specific menus?

I will pass your situation on as I can see how it could be frustrating but I would recommend trying to use the Tether App to monitor the REs, especially wirelessly - The situation that you are coming across is the reason that we recommend connecting to the WebGUI with a wired connection. If all your Range Extenders are linked to your TP-Link ID, you would be able to see them all in one app without having to know the IP address or redirect links.

Its also worth mentioning that while the AXE300 has not received Easymesh through an update, all of your devices are OneMesh compatible, so you may think about converting your REs over to a OneMesh-powered network for a better experience.

@Riley_S 

I'll have to go back and see what menu items redirect me to the TPLink*.net domains. My guess is maybe someone hardcoded it by mistake? I'll update this thread when I find it. 

The Archer AXE300 I have -- also known as the AXE1600? -- has OneMesh and I've configured all my REs to work with it. The Web UI for the RE315s refer to it as EasyMesh while the Tether app says OneMesh. 

I've bound them all using my TP-Link ID in the AXE300 UI, but my credentials are not persistent between sessions. I can see all the REs under the mesh devices section but it's just a listing; the devices cannot be managed from the AXE300 web UI. In Tether, I always see all devices but sometimes I just prefer doing things on the computer rather than on my phone.

Thanks again for the replies!

Cheers,

Anthony 

Options