This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 18:49:39
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.10 Build 20230518 Rel.63165

I want to log into our new router (Deco X60 AX3000) and have tried http://tplinkwifi.net and get

It looks like you aren't connected to your TP-Link network

even though I am connected via a wired ethernet cable and have internet access.

I tried 192.168.1.1 as well as some others and get a time out.

I want to change a few security settings:

Install new firmware (done)
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), network password (done)
Change the administrative credentials
Enable the new WPA3 encryption standard
Disable Wi-Fi Protected Setup
guest Wi-Fi network setup
Do not use cloud-based router management if your router's manufacturer offers it. Instead, figure out if you can turn that feature off.
Disable remote administrative access, and disable administrative access over Wi-Fi
Disable PING, Telnet, SSH, UPnP and HNAP

I managed to enter using the app and changed new firmware, UPnP, wifi name and password, and guest network.

So need some help getting into the router setup using the Windows PC.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Log in to Deco X60
2023-07-24 18:09:11

@dragomaster,

Just as a warning, the web interface for Deco is not as thorough as the Deco App and you will need to use the Deco App to configure some features. 

You will also need to follow this FAQ, specific to Decos - as the address is actually tplinkdeco.net

I would recommend using the Deco App as it is a reliable form of changing your device settings, whether on your network or not. Furthermore, almost all FAQs and Guides will revolve around the steps used in the Deco App, rather than the WebUI. 

To change the admin password, you should only need to login with your TP-Link ID and then the router will use these credentials for login.

Options
2023-07-24 18:50:05

@Riley_S 

by tplink id, do you mean my router user name and password? The one I created during first start? I see no way to change the adminastrative credentials anywhere. Usually the first thing done when connecting a new router. Thru the phone app or via 192.168.68.1 nor via http://tplinkdeco.net

Options
2023-07-24 19:26:42

@dragomaster,

The goal is to link your Deco Network to Your TP-Link ID, which will change the admin login for the router to that of your TP-Link ID. Normally when setting up the Decos through the app, the account will be bound by what was logged into on the app, if it was skipped in the web interface, there should be an option to link - otherwise, make sure that the Deco app is indicating that your TP-Link is the owner.

Options
2023-07-24 19:50:06

@Riley_S 

Don't understand " otherwise, make sure that the Deco app is indicating that your TP-Link is the owner".

Is that the SSID indicated in the app wifi settings? Where is that indicated in the app? I can use the app. When I start the app, it indicates the router username I gave it when setting it up. Is that the TP-Link ID that keeps getting referred to?

Sorry for not understanding as in the past, all the routers I used had admiastrative credentials I had to change to keep outside bad guys outside. Never managed again. This is all very different... apps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1261

Replies: 4

Related Articles