New router doesn’t cover house. Have deco ac1300 also. Can they be linked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-06 23:32:59

AXE7800 is new router. Can I create a mesh network with these linked?

Options
2 Reply
Re:New router doesn’t cover house. Have deco ac1300 also. Can they be linked
2023-08-07 18:10:20

@Coolsmd

Deco's can only create a mesh connection between themselves. If you are looking to use multiple brands to create a mesh, you will need to look for EasyMesh-compatible routers; but Decos' do not support EasyMesh Networking.

If you want to continue using the AC1300, you would need to configure either the new router, or preferably the Deco, as an AP that operates behind the main router and creates an extension of the wireless network via a wired connection.

Options
Re:New router doesn’t cover house. Have deco ac1300 also. Can they be linked
2023-08-07 18:39:01

@Riley_S 

New router may be superfluous. What I really want to do is improve Wi-Fi coverage. The ATT modem-router is connected to distributed Ethernet at multiple sites with Cat 6. But, for non-Ethernet internet service we need a better Wi-Fi coverage than provided by the ATT fiber modem/router (1gig service). I have disabled Wi-Fi on the Att modem but need help otherwise, specifically with dhcp issues, such as setting the Att device in dynamic vs fixed mode for dhcp pass through?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 2

Related Articles