My new TP-Link AX80 NOT getting all of my bandwidth wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 20:44:41
Tags: #windows 11
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20221209 rel.50909(5553)

I replaced my previous router because I wasn't getting my whole bandwidth. Now I have the AX6000, just purchased and getting same results. I've also replace my ethernet cable with new ones just bought. I had my service provider come to verify that they are providing it all. They simply say that it your wireless is getting what you should then it is your router.

I do not know network technically enough to understand what is happening. I was getting my full bandwidth prior to 2 weeks ago. The first thing that comes to mind what has changed is that I installed a new windows 11 machine. However, my work pc is windows 10 and showing speedtest results very low also. Prior to all this I was getting 400-600 down and approx 25 upload. I am now at 600 down but only getting 1 upload, download is fine. Where this is not working for me is that my web surfing is spotty at best. Web pages do now snap up, sometimes not at all.

I've done some ipconfig dnsflushing and some release/renew. 

I've updated the firmware.

Lastly, when I speedtest through the admin page of the router it reports 600 down 25 up? My wireless is fine, but want wired.

Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:My new TP-Link AX80 NOT getting all of my bandwidth wired connection
2023-09-09 22:51:11

@Scoots987 

if both routers are getting the same result, it makes me think the issue is somewhere else.

Options
Re:My new TP-Link AX80 NOT getting all of my bandwidth wired connection
2023-09-11 20:39:44

@Scoots987,

One thing you could first try is setting a priority QoS for your devices and seeing if your upload is any higher. Otherwise, remove any QoS settings you may have configured.

I would also make sure that you go in and completely forget the network from your list of known networks. It is always possible that your PC is trying to use old settings.

Lastly, try going into your network adapter settings for your ethernet connection and seeing if any settings such as Flow Control, Jumbo Frame, or Speed&Duplex are able to help the upload speed.

Prior to the AX6000, what speeds were you seeing on your network, and what were you expecting to receive?

What Modem are you connecting to? Does your ISP modem provide its own wireless connection?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 2

Tags

windows 11
Related Articles