Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up
Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up
2023-09-07 13:48:54
Model: Deco X50-PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have big home project coming up where I will be setting up 9 Deco X50 POEs with a TL-SG2428P Poe Switch that was recommended by TP link Support, for the first time (I may add more Decos in the future, thus the bigger switch). I will be setting up an ethernet backhaul with Starlink as my Internet provider. TP Link Support recommended for me to use a Software Controller for the management of switches. As I am going for a Plug and Play option, because I know the basics of setting up a mesh system, I am not too sure on how to set up a "Software Controller". Would I be able to get away without using the Software Controller and not hindering functionality for my whole home mesh system? By the way I will be setting up the Decos in AP mode so that way I dont need to put the Starlink into bypass mode, unless I am recommended otherwise. Keep in mind that i am new to this, so please be gentle lol. Thank you very much for all the help and definetly the patience.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up
2023-09-08 08:16:35

@Navi0928 

Hi, TL-SG2428P is plug-and-play. It also has its own web management UI, and if you wish to make some advanced configuration, web UI would be enough and it does not have to be via Omada software control.

(In case you want to know more about the software controller, there is the download link for Omada Software:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-sg2428p/v5.6/#Controller_Software)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X50 POE Mesh set-up
2023-09-09 18:22:44

@David-TP thank you much for your help. I appreciate it

Options