Sad Story

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sad Story

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sad Story
Sad Story
2023-10-27 16:41:38
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We live in Boise and have CenturyLink installed our internet, but we had so much trouble with it that I purchased 2 extenders and 1 router.  I didn’t know they wouldn’t work.

I did call them for support, but they kept saying there was no problem.  There could be up to 8 people in this house at one time.

Computers, tablets, iPhone, printers and smart TVs.  We couldn't take it anymore, so I called other venders and was told 'the area you live in does not support updated infrastructures'.  All this time CenturyLink never said a word.  We’ve since changed to a vendor called Sparklight.

Things are running much better and most of our frustration is gone. 

Sparklight installed 2 devices called eero & hitron

Questions is - Can I still use these devices with Sparklight?

Mesh Wi-Fi Extender AC1200 RE315

Archer A7

Options
2 Reply
Re:Sad Story
2023-10-30 21:49:18

@skw56,

You can definitely still use the devices with Sparklight. Essentially, they installed an Modem (hitron) and a router(eero). Your Archer router is "equal to" your eero mesh when it comes to its placement in the network.

You can most likely replace your eero mesh with your Archer and then use the Range Extenders as satellite nodes. You are likely renting the equipment from your ISP and this would allow you to return the eeros and use the Archers instead. 

To make things more complicated, you can technically use your Archer and REs with your current eero network, however this should only really be done if the coverage of your Eero mesh is not enough.

Options
Re:Sad Story
2023-10-31 14:53:34
Thank you for this information. We're great-grandparents and technology has passed us by. Your information is very helpful and appreciated. I think if we do use our TP-Link products I'll need a technician to help us out. Just to make sure we don't mess it up. Respectfully, Susan
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 2

Related Articles