Remove registered ddns name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 14:13:37
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had a TP-Link dns set up and working on a router. I killed that router and replaced it with a new one. When I go to register the dns name on the new router, it will not let me stating that the domain name exists.

Can I somehow delete the connection to the dead router and tie it to my new one?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Remove registered ddns name
2023-10-30 18:20:32

@emillerd,

There should be an option in the app to unbind the router from your TP-Link ID. Unless you have a reason, you may consider selecting or choosing a slightly different name as devices may believe that they are reconnecting to the older router when it is really an entirely new network. Many devices will be able to handle this, however, some devices may have trouble maintaining a consistent connection.

Options
Re:Remove registered ddns name
2024-02-28 20:36:52 - last edited 2024-02-28 20:47:03

I have the Deco mesh pods, I had to swap them because the main one failed but now it refuses to let me link the Domian name to the new pod. I would've assumed that the domain name would've been transfered when i set the replacement pod as the main one as everything else transferred over

edit: I was able to reconnect the old pod temporarily and it let me re-register the same name that way, then I rebooted the main pod and detached the failed one and it all works now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 647

Replies: 2

Related Articles