can archer c7 be wds bridged to a different brand router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 19:18:05
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

other than trying to set up wds bridging to see if if works or not, is there a list of non archer routers that are known to be able

to connect wds bridging to a c7 v5.8 ac1750

Options
4 Reply
Re:can archer c7 be wds bridged to a different brand router?
2023-10-30 18:58:12

@bbx

For a list, there is nothing that is necessarily "complete" but you could check the compatibility list available in this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1555/

I did check the emulator for the C7, and it does in fact, support WDS bridging. You can check through the WebUI of available emulators

Options
2023-10-30 23:28:18

thanks for the reply, however there is no list I can find at that link, it has the directions how to setup WDS

but that is all, I have poured over that link trying to find why I can't bridge the c7 to a c5, I have another post

asking for help on why the c7 is not getting internet from the bridged c5,

"c7 wds bridged to c5 and no internet on c7"

if and when I get the c7 wds bridged to the c5, I will try to bridge it to another router and see what happens. I've been 

trying without success to get internet from the c5 to the c7 as a test bed before attempting a different brand router

Options
2023-10-31 00:12:42

@bbx,

It is under the "Applies To" drop down, and is available on most FAQs - meaning you may be able to find other WDS oriented FAQs with similar lists

ba111d6b99d442e09fd3bf2c9bac335e

What have you already done to try and configure the WDS bridge? Have you tried both WDS modes and the various encryption types?

Options
2023-10-31 01:11:25
thanks for the on going reply, I did get the WDS bridging working, my bad I had not disabled the dhcp server on the c7, I will check the list again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 4

Related Articles