Archer AX11000 Slow Speed - Disabling QoS doesn't work!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-31 14:35:32 - last edited 2023-10-31 14:37:18
Tags: #Speed
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20230906 rel.74809

I just purchased an Archer AX11000, and I was too surprised with slow connection speeds. 

I have a 600mbps plan, but I get 250mbps tops even after disabling QoS, antivirus and even firewall in the settings. I've also tried all possibilities with internet port connection speed, and swapped my cat 6b cables for cat8, tried to use the stock cable, and nothing happens.

I've tried it all. Latest firmware, previous firmwares, setting up QoS manually, disabling it...

Has anyone actually found a solution for this? I see no option but to return the router. I was getting the full 600mbps with my Asus RT-AC59U, so it's definitely something related to the new router. 

Oh, and please, do not send links to other threads (unless there's an actual hidden solution somewhere), I've checked all of them, too, as well as YouTube videos.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 Slow Speed - Disabling QoS doesn't work!
2023-10-31 16:30:29

@fkmonteiro,

I believe that you can see the negotiated link speed from the router's webUI. I would first check this to ensure that it has properly negotiated the connection with your modem as 1000 Mbps full Duplex.

Are you able to test the speeds of a wired device compared to a wireless device? I would first want to verify that the router is at least receiving the full bandwidth available to it. If testing wirelessly, try making sure that you are connected using the 5GHz network, as it will have a much higher potential throughput.

Also, try changing the DNS server to a common service to see if speeds are being limited by the route that it is taking.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 1

Tags

Speed
Related Articles